• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Weekend Installation: Denali Lightbar and D2 lamps

Dave Modisette

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Just looking for any "gotcha's" from those who have done this prior. I've seen that several suggested to install the bar 180 degrees from where the factory instructions show. Any other things to look out for. I intend to mount the lights on the top of the bar.

get the bar in the correct position, the tab part facing rear of bike. if you get it wrong your forks will hit the bar.

i had to do it twice, dont be like me!

i have a 2013, so i powered mine with the 3 point connection on the oem aux harness. i connected blue (high beam power wire) and green (ground). works like a champ.

if you have a 2014 and up, ypu dint have a blue wire.

I've got the D2s ready to install as well. Got my bark busters, my Engine guards and new windscreen installed, along with rear LED brake / turn light panel. But not sure how to approach / get to / wire the D2s so still waiting :(

I installed the bar awhile back and remember having struggles with a couple of nuts. Think I ended up getting a shorty 10mm or whatever it was and taping the nuts to the wrench. Not much space to work up under there. Yes, my instructions were backwards and forks hit the light bar.

I got everything installed but I've run into one problem. The instructions show a blue and white trigger wire which likely feeds power to some sort of relay in the controller box. My service manual showed a blue wire that feeds power to the high beam and a white wire that feeds power to the low beam. I tapped those two wires just behind the three way connector behind the headlight.

When I turn on the ignition I get low beams on the D2s but when I switch to high beams the D2s go off. Any idea what I did wrong?

I haven't wired mine yet but I think I've read that the problem with the way you did it is that the low beam actually shuts off when you turn on the high beam and I think you're supposed to have a constant on for the low beam and an extra hot that only comes on with with the high beam. So when you turn on your high, you're losing your low beam hot and that shuts the system down.

If you can find a always on with ignition hot for the "low" beam I think that will fix it.

None of that is based on experience, I still haven't installed mine but perhaps that might help you look further!

I haven't wired mine yet but I think I've read that the problem with the way you did it is that the low beam actually shuts off when you turn on the high beam and I think you're supposed to have a constant on for the low beam and an extra hot that only comes on with with the high beam. So when you turn on your high, you're losing your low beam hot and that shuts the system down.

If you can find a always on with ignition hot for the "low" beam I think that will fix it.

None of that is based on experience, I still haven't installed mine but perhaps that might help you look further!

Yes, this was the problem. I eventually found a constant on power source and everything is working as expected.

Now I'm looking for tips on aiming the lights. I've aimed them the way I think they should be but it seems like I get a lot of light vertically with the low beams. When I aim them down to compensate, I don't get light out to my center headlight lowbeam target.

The high beams are glorious. Wow, they light up the world.

If anyone else has used the Denali lightbar for the NC700x, I'd like to hear how you handled another issue. To mount the light bar, you have to remove the bottom plate located under the beak below the headlight. The instructions refer to trimming this plate if you wish to reattach the bottom plate. Has anyone done this? My first plan was to simply leave that cover off but, believe it or not, I noticed considerably more road noise from the front wheel and now I'm interested in reattaching that plate or fabricating a new plate to do a similar job.

If anyone else has used the Denali lightbar for the NC700x, I'd like to hear how you handled another issue. To mount the light bar, you have to remove the bottom plate located under the beak below the headlight. The instructions refer to trimming this plate if you wish to reattach the bottom plate. Has anyone done this? My first plan was to simply leave that cover off but, believe it or not, I noticed considerably more road noise from the front wheel and now I'm interested in reattaching that plate or fabricating a new plate to do a similar job.

I did not reattach mine, I can't imagine that little piece of plastic doing anything for road noise....

Wow so I just watched the video on taking the left fairing off and it was WAY more than I thought it would be. Did you take the left side off to wire up your lights and if not how did you get them wired?

FYI on the 2016 the blue wire (high beams) is in the 6P option connector again. It may be possible to wire up auxiliary hi/low beams without extra relays and what not as long as current limits are observed. I'm guessing Honda is planning to release some accessory lights and a light bar for the 2016...

Really would like to get these lights installed tomorrow so if anyone can share a bit of advice or PICS (!) on how to get the wiring done, I'd really really appreciate it.

Trimming the bottom plastic piece

Here is a link to the Honda light bar instructions that show what to trim for their light bar.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/12332681/Honda Install Instructions/Light bar.pdf

It might help in what has to be trimmed with the Denali light bar... I got mine yesterday and was hoping to install it this weekend as well. I ordered my lights from the Costco.ca web site Aurora LED 5.1 cm (2 in.) 2 x 2 Spot Light Beam, 2-pack I hope they are good for the price I paid $164.99CND

ARGHHH!! I have now torn off the entire left side of my bike, spent hours with a multimeter and trying to trace the blue wires from the high beam and I cannot figure out WHERE to attach the high beam sensor wire for my D2 light relay.

Apparently in the 2014+ models the 12V high beam wire is NOT present in the aux harness.

Somebody PLEASE PLEASE help me with a location or how to find the wire? I'm begging. I already doubt I'll be able to get everything back together.

Look at the wire bundle under the seat on the left side. There should be a light blue wire where the harness connects. I know you don't have it on the harness, but look above that big plug. Take a pic and post of close up, maybe we can spot it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This is the accessory harness area. Only one plug has a dark blue wire and it doesn't seem to do anything. The green plug has a blue wire but that goes back towards the rear and to the engine area, I don't think it's anything to do with the lights.

IMG_2040.jpg

this is further forward, I traced what I thought was the high beam wires back to that plug/harness and when I disconnect it the high beam (and low beam for that matter) doesn't work. However nothing that I try to voltmeter in either side of the harness has 12V on with high beam and off with low. I'm baffled.

IMG_2041.jpg

Is there seriously nobody here who can help? somebody else has to have installed these lights or other lights that have high/low beams? I know I'm technically challenged and maybe this is easy, but I'm begging here!

Back