• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Yamaha tracer 700

johnakay

Site Supporter
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
yamaha have just release details of there new tracer 700.
I quite like the look of it ,very similar to the fazer.I was considering getting a new NC750 s next year but???
I'll see what the report it may have at the end of the year.

1.jpg5.jpg

I like the look of that!
Glad they have made the seat height taller over the MT07, that's the reason I bought a MT09 instead of the MT07
75bhp sounds like a welcome boost over the NC750's 54bhp :)

Andy

write up in the MCN.
Yamaha Tracer 700 revealed This is the first official glimpse of the all-new Yamaha Tracer 700 which the Japanese firm hopes will offer an extra load of practicality to the popular MT-07 range.

The new Tracer model is a smaller sibling to the exisiting three-cylinder 900cc MT-09 Tracer and follows the same path of adding a more upright riding position, top fairing and slightly revised mechanical parts for a bike that offers greater distance riding ability than the naked MT-07.

The family resemblance between the 700cc and 900cc bikes is clear to see although they can be distinguished because of the front lights and fairing being fairly different in detail.

The UK price has already been set at a competitive £6299 with bikes expected to be in dealers in mid-July.

The 75bhp twin-cylinder engine from the MT-07 remains unchanged but the bike has now got a 50mm longer swingarm to give a wheelbase of 1450mm. This is said by Yamaha to enhance stability when touring with a pillion and luggage. There are also changes to the suspension to match the altered chassis geometry.

One of the most important factors for this middleweight sports touring bike is the kerbweight which is a relatively lithe 196kg.

Yamaha is offering three colour options of red, blue and black.

This new Yamaha Tracer 700 joins an ever-expanding range of MT bikes from Yamaha. The new range has seen huge global sales for the Japanese firm

The press release adds: “Excitement has been engineered into the Tracer 700's DNA, as its compact and lightweight chassis features a tubular steel frame that has been developed from the highly acclaimed MT-07 platform. This minimalist design instantly established a strong reputation for its agile handling and responsive character, and the Tracer 700's newly developed chassis features a range of exclusive refinements that are designed to enhance its versatility and comfort while retaining a strong sporting heritage.

“For a more stable riding character at higher cruising speeds - especially when riding 2-up with luggage – the Tracer 700 is equipped with a 50mm longer swingarm to give a wheelbase of 1450mm. To suit its long distance role, the 130mm travel front and rear suspension systems feature revised settings for smooth and responsive characteristics in a variety of conditions. Dual 282mm front discs with four-pot calipers and a

245mm rear disc deliver powerful and responsive braking performance, and ABS is equipped as standard.

“These chassis refinements - combined with a class-leading wet weight of 196 kg - ensure that the Tracer 700 is ready to excite in every corner, and yet can be transformed into a serious long distance tourer with the addition of a range of Genuine Yamaha accessories.”

[video=youtube_share;vkSSxvP45yI]https://youtu.be/vkSSxvP45yI[/video]

[video=youtube_share;3XlSxWyRgu0]https://youtu.be/3XlSxWyRgu0[/video]

Tracer 700 Technical Highlights
689cc DOHC 4-valve twin cylinder fuel-efficient engine
'Crossplane philosophy' design for a deep & linear torque
55.0 kW (74.8PS) @ 9,000 rpm
68.0 Nm (6.9 kg-m) @ 6,500 rpm
Tubular backbone frame with aluminium swingarm
1450mm wheelbase
196 kg wet weight
Long range 17-litre fuel tank
Manually adjustable screen with optional high screen
Wind deflecting integrated knuckle guards
Dual headlights with LED position lights
Stepped one-piece dual seat with grab rail
845mm seat height
Lightweight 10-spoke cast aluminium wheels
Digital instrumentation with full LED display

Dct

Looks awesome. I was looking at the FJ-09 and was really interested. However, I have been riding for 30 years and my clutch hand is toast. Becomes very painful for me to shift after a few hours. Then my hand goes numb. The 700X DCT has been awesome for me. I would have preferred to buy the CrossTour 100 DCT but they don't sell them here in the US. That will be my next bike if it ever makes it here.

Last edited:
I've been curious as well. I bet Honda has a billion and one patents, and trying to skin the cat a different way might take some fair effort to make the same thing as good or better, but in some oddball way to avoid Honda's design.

I wonder if that's what is keeping the other manufacturers from putting out DCT bikes. I would think it's just the old school mindset that a real motorcycle has a manual clutch and gears. Many auto manufacturers are using double clutch transmissions - VW, BMW, Audi, Porsche, Ferarri, McLaren - so it's not locked in to any one company, at least not for cars. Honda is pretty clever though so you may be right. Also the DCT is still rather new and different and I don't think it has gained complete acceptance yet. Apparently Ford came out with a version that didn't work very well and it soured a lot of people on the technology. I have owned two BMWs with DCT's and they have run flawlessly - I love the way they shift and that is one of the reasons I was open to the DCT on the Honda. At least with cars a DCT is not a great leap from an auto tranny - they both can be driven pretty much the same way. Almost all cars are automatics now anyway. On motorcycles it's a whole different ball game when you talk about getting rid of the manual shifter since 99.9% of motorcycles are manual. I think things are changing though as I have seen people just rave about quick shifters and they eliminate a lot of clutching. Somehow those are cool but eliminating all clutching with a DCT is not as acceptable yet. I hope that changes because I would love to see more DCT bikes.

I to would like to see other manufacturers employ the dct.
I'm sure that they would come up with a better styling.
lets face Honda of late have come up with some bland looking bike especially the NC.
I like my NC but not so the looks.

Back