• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Trying the Quiet Ride Helmet

SuppressedShooter

Reaction score
Visit site
I have eustachian tube dysfunction in my left ear and sound aggravates it. I wear a Schuberth S2 and have tried multiple earplugs including custom from an audiologist. The wind still is an issue so I had my new NC for sale after 295 miles even tho I love it but my left ear can stay "clogged" up for weeks after a ride. I have been waiting on the Sena noise control helmet to come out. NOISE-CONTROL HELMET - Sena but until it does I'll try the Quiet Ride Helmet out http://www.quietridehelmets.com/products.php?product=Fiberglass-Full-Face-Helmet. I don't really like the way the chin straps are but hopefully its safe and will allow me to ride till I try the Sena out when released. I'll let you guys know how it works, I just ordered it tonight.

I have eustachian tube dysfunction in my left ear and sound aggravates it. I wear a Schuberth S2 and have tried multiple earplugs including custom from an audiologist. The wind still is an issue so I had my new NC for sale after 295 miles even tho I love it but my left ear can stay "clogged" up for weeks after a ride. I have been waiting on the Sena noise control helmet to come out. NOISE-CONTROL HELMET - Sena but until it does I'll try the Quiet Ride Helmet out Fiberglass Full Face Helmet - Quiet Ride Helmets. I don't really like the way the chin straps are but hopefully its safe and will allow me to ride till I try the Sena out when released. I'll let you guys know how it works, I just ordered it tonight.

P.S. I will be using earplugs plus the Quiet Ride Helmet.

I have issue with noise as well, and the NC is a bike that somehow creates lots of it. compared to other bike i have ridden.

but I solve the noise issue with Madstad screen, adjusted at 60 degree and about lip height.

the screen also has to be low enough to cover a bit of the signal light area. lots of turbulent air coming thu there

I use and HJC RPHA MAX with foam ear plugs.

I had the same problem, madstad 20" took care of most of the noise, the I put an X-creen laminar shield extender, now I have 2 laminar waves, total calm in the seating area.

I also use the shoei quest helmet and s plugs for my ear buds. Perfect, it is actually quieter than my gold wing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I hadn't even heard of this helmet until your post. I think this may be the helmet I've been waiting for all these years. I'm looking forward to a review. I'm sure I'm not the only one. Keep us posted.

To be quiet is a combination of helmet design AND the direction of the airflow which is depended by the windshield.
You have to get the right windshield for your height. (Calsci has a guide about this).

Also note that most (if not all) helmets' aerodynamic design is based on clear airflow without any windshields...

I had a 24" Madstad I adjusted it every with way I could. But with the Schuberth S2 helmet the stock screen had way less buffeting.

there is an app for your smartphone that allows you to be more precise about the angle of the shield, a few degree made a diff for me.

as for helmet buffeting, make sure the helmet fit your head shape well. the better it fits you, the less noise you will have. it the reason why some people claim to have the quietest time on the $100.00 and noise on the $800.00 helmet.

either way, I hope you find your solution to the issue. i finally have.

do you have the new Madstad version that has winglets on the side. those made a difference in direction the air away from the bottom on my helmet.

there is an app for your smartphone that allows you to be more precise about the angle of the shield, a few degree made a diff for me.

as for helmet buffeting, make sure the helmet fit your head shape well. the better it fits you, the less noise you will have. it the reason why some people claim to have the quietest time on the $100.00 and noise on the $800.00 helmet.

either way, I hope you find your solution to the issue. i finally have.

do you have the new Madstad version that has winglets on the side. those made a difference in direction the air away from the bottom on my helmet.

Yes I had the winglets with my Madstad installed. I sold it to a member on this forum. I agree wind noise is a combo of a lot of factors. Like you said hope I can get it worked out.

I took a very short 5 mile ride in the Quiet Ride Helmet. If you wear glasses its very difficult to get your glasses on with the muffs. The helmet has a bad whistle to it, and I thought it was a little loud even with earplugs in. I came back home and tried my Schuberth S2 to compare on the same 5 mile stretch. The Quiet Ride Helmet is quieter than my S2 on my head but that whistle is a deal breaker for me. Question is should I try to get a refund or try to put a windjammer on it?

I just purchased the Shoei GT-Air. Amazing helmet. I have a 20" Madstad and my Shoei RF1000 was buffeting and a bit noisy. This new GT Air is super quiet and there is no buffeting. I don't even need ear plugs with this helmet. First time ever. It has amazing air circulation as well. Yes, it was very expensive. However, it's worth every penny for me.

I took a very short 5 mile ride in the Quiet Ride Helmet. If you wear glasses its very difficult to get your glasses on with the muffs. The helmet has a bad whistle to it, and I thought it was a little loud even with earplugs in. I came back home and tried my Schuberth S2 to compare on the same 5 mile stretch. The Quiet Ride Helmet is quieter than my S2 on my head but that whistle is a deal breaker for me. Question is should I try to get a refund or try to put a windjammer on it?

well if it is quieter, try to see where the whistle is coming from and see if you can solve that. otherwise i would try to get a refund.

have you try different earplugs. go to the earplugstore.com try their assortment package. no all earplugs fit the same. there is a video on utube from 3M about how to properly insert a form earplug. makes a work of a different.

as for the madstad screen, i also had one of their tallest screen drilled at where they usually drill it . it did not work. then i got a blank screen and drilled lowers and it worked.

just saying that shopping for screen and earplu is much easier then helmet

Last edited:
well if it is quieter, try to see where the whistle is coming from and see if you can solve that. otherwise i would try to get a refund.

have you try different earplugs. go to the earplugstore.com try their assortment package. no all earplugs fit the same. there is a video on utube from 3M about how to properly insert a form earplug. makes a work of a different.

as for the madstad screen, i also had one of their tallest screen drilled at where they usually drill it . it did not work. then i got a blank screen and drilled lowers and it worked.

just saying that shopping for screen and earplu is much easier then helmet

I called Alvin the inventor/owner he is going to give me a full refund since I only had the helmet on for 5 miles. With my ear condition I guess ill have to wait for the Sena noise control helmet to come out before I can ride again.

Back