• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

In depth article on Travel Underwear

There is a market for the best and they work great. I've ridden many a mile in flat seam Jockey microfiber boxer briefs. Same technology as purpose made riding underwear for about $12 each. Thousand mile days or on the road for 10 days - no problem.

Properly taken care of you CANNOT beat a good quality wool pair. I wear mid-weight wool baselayer all the time when riding, yes even when it warm (not hot) out, and it keeps warm when cold and cool when warm. Stink you ask, NONE. Can wear those things for a week in the backcountry and not smell like you just crawled out from underneath a bulls sack when you get back to your car.

Mfg's these days are even making light weight undies and t-shirts that are 10x better than the cotton everyday stuff.

Yup, another here who enjoys the comfort of new fangled underoos and socks 'n stuff :D

The first generations of wicking polypro and assorted wunderkind materials that I tried many years ago now, just didn't feel the same as the latest iterations. They always felt kinda clammy, not so comfy, and didn't have the other cool anti-odour properties of embedded silver/copper etc.

Go commando. dries quickly, easy to wash, cool in the summer, free.....

Besides the zipper issue... if you shart.... it would be a terrible thing having to clean out those riding pants/suit!!!!

Sharts seem to increase in recurrence the older you get..... or after drinking a LARGE cup of coffee.... LOL

I am going to have to get some of these magical Merino wool skivvies.... my whole life when I heard the word "wool" all I could think about was those itchy D@mn wool pants my Mother made me wear to church or get my picture taken in, that I couldn't wait to get out of as soon as possible!! So.. "wool" never interested me as you can imagine.... but I guess they have learned how to take the "itch" out of wool in the past 40 years.....

Wool is amazing. The breed of sheep it comes from and the way it's processed make a huge difference. Small human wears wool 24/7, but it's expensive in the quantities needed for adult clothing.

No UA gear in that article? WTH. I sure would like to see how it compares...cause I love UA undies. My drawer is 80% UA and I have yet to wear out a pair.

Sadly some of us are allergic to wool.
At HU Virginia this year one of the riders there kept stressing the benefits of compression socks and underwear, especially for long days in the saddle and riders getting on in years.
It was enough to convince me to forgo the wool on my last rides with 12 and 14 hours in the saddle.
What is everyone's thoughts on compression vs wool? I don't think you can find woolen compression gear.
Is compression that important? Enough to outweigh the wool benefits?

Sent from my Moto X Pure using Tapatalk

I can see compression socks being helpful. How does compression underwear work? That just sounds uncomfortable.

I know Cycle gear sells riding underwear that is compression style and I think LD comfort does the same. I compresses your legs mainly but it is very form fitting I guess it also compresses around your waist as well. I guess it would push the blood up and down both from that region.

Back