• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

When the fan motor turns on?

Markino

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi guys,
do you know the "exact" coil temperature when the fan motor get started?
And what about the warm up temperature? When (coil temperature) our motor could be considered okay?

I would guess anywhere from 180-190°F (82-87°C), perhaps a little more before the cooling fan will turn on. In order for the cooling to be efficient, the thermostat would have to open first to allow the coolant to flow through the radiator, I do believe the thermostat is rated at about 180°F. I also believe the cutout temperature for the fan switch is about 160°F (71°C).

Disclaimer:

All the above figures are an educated guess based off of experience. They are not be quoted or used as actual fact.

I have a temperature gauge on my integra 750, and the fan turns on between 93° to 95° Celsius (200-203 F). I installed the sensor on the upper radiator hose.

From service manual: THERMOSTAT BEGIN TO OPEN: 80 – 84°C (176 – 183°F) VALVE LIFT: 8 mm (0.3 in) minimum at 95°C (203°F)

Can't find much else other than maybe high temp light comes on at 230°F.

There is a "normal operating temp of approximately 80°C/176°F" for oil pressure checks.

For Markino - do you mean the coil temp like old school temp gauges?

I have a temperature gauge on my integra 750, and the fan turns on between 93° to 95° Celsius (200-203 F). I installed the sensor on the upper radiator hose.

Same for me on the NC750X.
The cooling fan switches ON at 95°C and OFF at 93°C.

Back