• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Shoei Neotec non-clear visors hard to find...here's why.

RinconVTR

Reaction score
Visit site
Due to the different liability issues in the various countries around the world Shoei Japan decided they did not want customers in North America stacking tinted shields on top of the internal sunvisor which could reduce vision.

Don Bailey
Technical Advisor
Shoei Safety Helmet Corp.
SHOEI North America
(714)730-0941

There is not a helmet I've ever owned that I did not double a dark visor with sunglasses, that's just how I roll during the day time. I rarely ride at night, but if I had to, I would wear clear or yellow glasses.

For the Neotec, I only wanted a light smoke, which I have found works just fine at night.

So I had option other than to order the darn thing from Japan. When will I see it? Estimated arrival in 1-2 months. May 3rd-27th. OUCH.

Same here. I have always worn sunglasses under tinted visors when the combination of the two was deemed a needed thing by me, and have gone as far as adding tinted window film to the inside of one of my Icon Alliance tinted shields, because it just wasn't enough to keep direct glare down, and I hate the hassle of having to wear glasses of any kind in a helmet.

The Neotec's clear shield and drop down sun visor do it for me. I've worn glasses for 25 years and always had to carry both clear ones and sunglasses when riding unless it was a short ride close to home. Not having to switch my glasses from clear to sunglasses according to conditions is a real freedom for me. I just bought a second Neotec, having retired the first after 4 years and 100,000 miles.

Sun glare is such an issue with me that I would wear a welding helmet if I could find one that was Snell/DOT approved. I also use sunglasses under the Neotec with and without the internal sun visor. The thought never came to me to sue them if I managed to get myself in trouble because of my decisions.

Lots of stuff isn't available in the US because the manufacturers don't want to put up with the litigious environment.

i have a HJC RPHA MAX, i was alble to find extra dark for the inside and outside shield.

i am no sure if shoei make extra dark inner shield. HJC does it in a bunch of colors for both inner and outer.

we recently found both med smoke and transitions visor for Shoei r1200 with pinlock, in stock, at Barney's in St. Pete FL.
was floored, bought em.

wife uses transitions, and I use the smoke, all the time, and with dark glasses underneath on sunny days

Back