• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

NC750X DCT parking brake questions

Whiteknuckle

Reaction score
Visit site
Since i have be reduced to living thru others and watch people on you tube riding their NC750X DCT, while i wait for my bike to come in.

I had seen pictures of the parking brake but never seen how it works. From the pictures i expected that lever to all the way down while engaged. But the
video showed it does not move that much. Kind of cool the way it works. i like it.

now to the questions. When engaged does the parking brake use both front and rear brake or just one of them?

While the parking brake is on, does the bike have to be turned on for it to be disengaged? Or can anyone unlock it at anytime? Just thinking it would be better
with the first part. That way no one can roll the bike away while parked.

if anyone is interested .. this is one of the you tubes i liked. It is a UK bike and a 2015 but he goes over the bike pretty well and shows the DCT in action.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSh0ddsEfn4

The lever is pulled up to engage the parking brake. It's mechanical in nature with a cable to the parking brake caliper on the underside of the RH swing arm. It works only on the rear wheel. The ignition key switch is not part of the parking brake system. A button below the lever is pressed to release the brake and anyone could walk up to the bike and do it. :(

The parking brake is totally mechanical and uses its own separate caliper acting on the rear disk only. Nothing hi-tech about it. Anyone can walk up and play with it. You can even ride around with the brake engaged and wear it out if you wanted.

Last edited:
You can even ride around with the brake engaged and wear it out if you wanted.

*raises hand* Done it (rode home one night with it engaged, completely wore down the pads). replaced the pads when I had the rear wheel off the last time. There is a spring tab in the brake that you have to make sure you get the pads on the outside of, or it is a frustrating pain that will change a 2 minute fix into 30 minutes of cursing, and 2 more minutes of cursing when you finally see it.

Since i have be reduced to living thru others and watch people on you tube riding their NC750X DCT, while i wait for my bike to come in.

.. this is one of the you tubes i liked. It is a UK bike and a 2015 but he goes over the bike pretty well and shows the DCT in action.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSh0ddsEfn4

Best part of the video is near the end: "I don't trust this BMW driver" :)

*raises hand* Done it (rode home one night with it engaged, completely wore down the pads). replaced the pads when I had the rear wheel off the last time. There is a spring tab in the brake that you have to make sure you get the pads on the outside of, or it is a frustrating pain that will change a 2 minute fix into 30 minutes of cursing, and 2 more minutes of cursing when you finally see it.
there could be the slight possibility of all the heat causing trouble to nearby parts like wheel bearing and seal - just have it in mind to check the wheel for any play felt more often just to make sure before a multiday long trip or so

there could be the slight possibility of all the heat causing trouble to nearby parts like wheel bearing and seal - just have it in mind to check the wheel for any play felt more often just to make sure before a multiday long trip or so

There have been no other issues.

Back