• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Waterproof Gloves

OneGun

Reaction score
Visit site
Okay, I know it's another glove thread... I know there are others. But I've been trying to find a pair of good waterproof gloves under $150 (if that's possible). I've looked high and low, at actual motorcycle gloves, hunting gloves, fishing gloves, etc., but everything I look at seems to have some sort of disqualifier. Whether it be price, bad reviews, etc.

Can someone recommend a good quality pair of waterproof gloves that are suitable for temps in the 35° - 75°F range... that doesn't require me to finance them?

Thanks agian

I got my Gerbing heated, water proof gloves off Craigslist for $75.
Buy new here (not Gerbing)- .....personaly, I would go to Ebay or Craigslist
Joe Rocket Rocket Burner Heated Gloves - RevZilla

You could go cheap with Chinese - (have a wired battery charger and extra batteries on board for extra time)
Heated Gloves Battery Powered Waterproof for Motorcycle Hunting Winter Warmer | eBay

A good buy here-
Mens Large Harley Davidson Heated 12 V Plug in Gloves | eBay

As an aside, you don't have to use them powered. Most heated gloves are waterproof.but make sure before you buy. Then you'll be set for next years cold.

Last edited:
Are you trying to find one glove that does everything? I started with this rational but was not able to do it with a single glove. I have a summer glove that has lots of venting for the heat. The venting makes it not waterproof for me. I have a "waterproof" glove for the winter that keeps me relatively warm but in a serious shower it wouldn't be considered waterproof.

I like my alpinstars drystars for the most part. My only gripe is putting them on when your hands are already wet can be a pain.

714166de74f7cb823d5bcf8c377791bf.jpg

Cortech scarab winter

Non heated but I have heated grips, they would still work but be allot less comfortable on sub 30° at high 30° low 40° they are comfortable without heated grip, once it starts getting into the 60°'s I use my summer gloves instead on my hour long commute to and from work. I've used them 4 or 5 days a week for over a year and they still look brand new. Not so thick you have to use kung fu grip to ride. I paid just over a hundred dollars at Road Rider in San Jose CA

Last edited:
Are you trying to find one glove that does everything?

Well what I really need is a waterproof glove that is suitable for use in temps from 35° to around 75°F. Definitely not looking for a winter glove with heavy insulation. Either uninsulated, or only very light insulation.

Seems like there are some options if you are looking for a waterproof glove that's heavily insulated, but I'd prefer to find something that is geared more towards summer weather. Not having much luck.

And as another has said, no matter how many gloves I look at, every one has several reviews saying that they leak or some other negative issue. I guess I might have to play the expensive game of trial and error myself and just see what works.

Thanks to everyone for their input.

When shopping for motorcycle boots, I found almost all boots are labeled as waterproof. However, reviews indicate that the majority actually are not. It makes it very difficult to shop for them, and you take your chances in the end. I doesn't surprise me that waterproof gloves would be the same way.

The gloves I have, are lightly insulated and I've used them to play in the snow and I've ridden in pouring rain. They don't let rain through but when I get off my motorcycle and put my hands down a small amount of water will run down my sleeve into my gloves, when your hands are warm and dry and it's less then 40° a small amount of water still sucks. I will leave them in the break room at work standing up and by the time I get off work they're dry. P.S. A boot dryer isn't very expensive and I put my insulated gloves and my boots on every night to dry any sweat and kill bacteria

When shopping for motorcycle boots, I found almost all boots are labeled as waterproof. However, reviews indicate that the majority actually are not. It makes it very difficult to shop for them, and you take your chances in the end. I doesn't surprise me that waterproof gloves would be the same way.
It's the same problem with pants and jackets, I'm sure if you are standing still you would stay dry but going down the road at 70 in the rain you'll find out what riding gear is really rain proof. I got a pair of pants that was supposed to be rain proof from cycle gear by the time I got to work my stomach and crouch were soaked, made for a crapy day. I took them back and exchanged them for a pair of bilt pants that cost 170 or 180 and they worked

I ride a lot in the rain, for hours to days on end. Been doing this type of riding from July 1958 to the present (Daytona last week). I have tried so many boots and gloves over the years. Like 670cc says sooner or later all the products have leaked in hard daylong rains. Only thing that I can find that works somewhat is to put Ziplock bags or loft of bread bags over the boots and gloves, otherwise after time they all leak.

Only thing that I can find that works somewhat is to put Ziplock bags or loft of bread bags over the boots and gloves, otherwise after time they all leak.

Hard to look cool when you got bread bags on your feet. After all, it's about being cool, not dry....... right? :rolleyes:

Well I ordered a pair of Tourmaster Dri-Perf gloves. I'll post a review after some use. Thanks to all for the input.

Hard to look cool when you got bread bags on your feet. After all, it's about being cool, not dry....... right? :rolleyes:
Forget looking cool get a bread bag against your exhaust and you'll probably be thinking it would be better for you to be wet

Let me tell how I do mine when it pours.
I buy a pair of normal dishwashing gloves (1 or 2 sizes bigger), and slip them over my normal gloves.
Presto. Instant rain proof gloves.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back