• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

NC750X Canadian version

Whiteknuckle

Reaction score
Visit site
Was reading some rather disconcerting news on another site about the 2016 NC750X

apparently the person said they saw a 2016 owners manual and it does not show LED lights but regular bulbs.
The Honda Canada website still shows LED lights are a feature / upgrade.

Also that the "New Showa Dual Bending Valve fork performs much like a high-end cartridge fork, providing similar smooth action and linear damping force, but at a lighter weight. The result is superior road holding and ride comfort, plus reduced front-end dive under braking"
what i read they say this is only available on the Japan and EU models.

The quote above is from my November 2015 post here. I got that from the Honda Canada website but when i looked today i do not see anything about the showa fork So now i am worried that if that is gone maybe there is truth to the other items

Hoping a Canadian that has seen the bike at a bike show or knows more can confirm or deny. One of the reasons for me buying this bike was for the new features.

Well, this is from the Honda Canada site:

"The NC750X shows off edgier styling for 2016, including a redesigned front cowl with a new LED taillight" and the only reference to the suspension I can find is "41 mm telescopic fork".

No reference specifically to LED front light; no reference to the Showa fork--What does it all mean? Until we get our eyes on one we won't know for sure. I guess it is possible that they could turn out a "Canadian" bike that is different from the Euro/Japan model in terms of headlamp/front suspension but it would not optimize production back in Japan if they did because of the number of bikes sold in Canada is so small relative to Euro/Japan markets.

But... we will see when they show up!

Unfortunately, there is no guarantee of anything, whether or not Honda Canada says it, A Dealer says it, or any other published thing. I can't count how many times I see errors faithfully transcribed from old model year to new model year by supposedly professional scribes who do this for a living, clueless dealers who either blindly copy/paste from what they are told, or worse, make up stuff rather than tell you they honestly don't know.

Until you can physically look at one in the flesh sitting in a local showroom, all bets are off. I was at the bike show, and I saw "European Model" stickers on Hondas there. I can't recall if it was the Africa Twin, the VFR1200X, the NC750X, or all of them- but stickers were present...

My BMW was sold to me as: "It's same as the Euro model, not the US model" by the dealer, and no facts were mentioned in BMW corporate Canada statements or any publications, that this was not the case. Which it wasn't, of course, but everybody at BMW denied this utterly, until proven wrong.

From a Spec Sheet at Penticton Honda

"Excellent steering leverage & comfort
Seat height is 830 mm and the riding position is upright and neutral, with a high viewpoint for enhanced hazard perception. Another advantage of this adventure-style riding position is great low-speed control – combined with the low centre of gravity and generous steering lock, the result is exceptional low-speed handling and balance.
Improved Showa fork
New Showa Dual Bending Valve fork performs much like a high-end cartridge fork, providing similar smooth action and linear damping force, but at a lighter weight. The result is superior road holding and ride comfort, plus reduced front-end dive under braking.

And also:
The NC750X shows off edgier styling for 2016, including a redesigned front cowl with a new LED headlight, LED taillight, and a 70 mm taller windscreen with venting to reduce pressure and turbulence. The result is a bike that’s as comfortable when cruising at speed, with the windscreen and bodywork diverting wind around the rider to minimize fatigue.

Looks like both the suspension and headlight are the Euro model, but we will see!

that sux Chillrider. In November it was printed as

"a redesigned front cowl with a new LED headlight, LED taillight, and a 70 mm taller windscreen with venting to reduce pressure and turbulence."
looks like you will get the bike first so let us know what you find out.

are LED headlights on vehicles allowed in Canada? maybe a government regulation made them change it? Like how most bikes have those eyepod turn signals
where EU models have integrated flush mounted ones.

Lots of interesting little things do crop up if you are looking for them- the Honda Canada site states the engine is only tilted forward 55* whereas it has always been listed as having a 62* tilt in the previous 700's and 750's.

I wonder if they actually did tweak it for the new model. A 7* change seems like a lot to do, without having to additionally muck with the frame and other stuff?

Another interesting thing- Honda Canada shows pictures, and says: "European Model Shown" Ok, but I thought the Euro models all had clear turn signal lenses with orange bulbs? Only the US and Canada ones have the orange lens signals, no? So why does the "Euro model" picture have the NA spec signals?

750dct.jpg

NC750X_Gallery_02.jpg

darn it, my first pic keeps being resized down to unreadable size for some reason, but trust me it says: "European Model Shown" lol

Attachments

• euro pic.jpg
    euro pic.jpg
    4 KB · Views: 1,801
Last edited:
LBS. just looked on the Honda UK website. The 2016 NC models they show do indeed show clear lens with amber "bulb" (tho probably LED now)

here is the UK marketing video from the site. It shows the clear lens and also the LED head lamp. At the 36sec mark it shows the top of the forks. Has a silver cap with SDBV printed on it and in smaller letters
is printed Showa Dual Bending Valve. So looks like it be really easy to see if the Canadian models do have this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_n8x5zdtXmM

Whitenuckle, it was probably me you were referring to at the beginning of this new thread and my posting on AdvRider. See my post on page 3 of "2016 Honda NC750X" here for all the details. I couldn't figure out how to link to it and you started this Canada thread after I made my original posting a few days ago on Feb 28.

The sales guy I am dealing with (who is very good at getting back to me with ALL of my questions) is researching this for me and I will report in. I have asked for "authoritative information" on the Showa fork and headlight.

Whitenuckle, it was probably me you were referring to at the beginning of this new thread and my posting on AdvRider. See my post on page 3 of "2016 Honda NC750X" here for all the details. I couldn't figure out how to link to it and you started this Canada thread after I made my original posting a few days ago on Feb 28.

To make it easier for everyone I am copying my above mentioned "2016 Honda NC750X" post...

...Are there differences in the NC750X between the USA (NC700X), Canada, and Europe models, (besides the obvious engine size?) (I live in Canada)

The Honda UK website says the 2016 NC750X has a new LED head light and LED tail light but Honda's Canadian and USA sites say LED tail light only, and the Canadian owners manual on page 170 says, "Headlight 12V-60/55W" and "Brake/Tail light LED"

Can anyone confirm if Honda Canada is offering Canadians the same NC750X LED head lights as in the UK?

An NC750X article I found, Honda Unveils Updated NC700X and NC750X for 2016 - ADV Pulse , mentioned some possible suspension changes that the US (and Canada?) may not be getting either, eg "The 745cc parallel twin engine NC750X (European and Japanese markets only) gets the same updates as the NC700X but also receives a few additional improvements not available on the US model. Updates include enhanced styling from an LED headlight and an improved ride from a new Showa “dual-bending valve” front fork. The NC750X rear suspension also receives a preload adjuster for the new year." and "The suspension on the 2016 Honda NC750X gets upgraded with a new “dual-bending valve” front fork with optimized damping, and a preload adjuster on the rear shock."

Honda's Canada and USA sites show the same NC750X/NC700X suspension specs and they do appear to be different from the UK website.

Can anyone confirm if Honda Canada is offering Canadians the same NC750X front fork, front suspension, and rear suspension, as in the UK?

Does anyone know if there is anything else Honda Canada is not offering Canadians, compared to the USA or UK, for the NC750X, beside those things mentioned above?" ...

Also, according to my local Honda dealer, she said, "My DSM at Honda could only recommend we follow the specs on the Honda site. That they are accurate and that’s what we are getting here. I know for sure no LED headlight on the NC but it would be nice and I am still searching for the details on the forks. If I come up with more to add I will certainly forward it to you."

Two days ago I also cold called a BC Honda dealer and asked if he had any 2016s in stock which he did not. I asked the LED headlight question and he said the preliminary info he got last fall said they were getting LED headlights, but when I told him Honda Canada website now shows only LED taillights he offered to call Honda Canada and get back to me. He called me back within a half hour and said Honda Canada also confirmed no LED headlight. (I didn't ask him to confirm all the fork queries though). He said he wasn't totally surprised that preliminary info released months in advance didn't turn out to accurate getting closer to product launch time.

So, the BC Honda dealer response lines up with my Manitoba dealer response, which lines up with the actual Honda OEM owners manual on page 170 that I have a copy of, showing and describing a regular non LED headlight, "Headlight 12V-60/55W" and "Brake/Tail light LED."

I also just forwarded Whitenuckle's UK marketing video from this post re the 36sec mark SDBV Showa Dual Bending Valve etc to my local Honda dealer so we'll see what she comes up with after seeing it and forwarding it to her Honda DSM. Not positive but I think DSM may stand for District Sales Manager. She said he was out west in BC I believe.

I think I am accurate on all I have posted. I know no one knows me very well on this forum yet, but I think you will in time get to know that when I do my research on a big ticket item like this that I am truly interested in, I usually end up knowing more about the product than whoever it is that is trying to sell it to me.

Last edited:
Hey U-turn, great info. I am sure when I hear back from my sales guy he is going to tell me exactly what you have posted here: no LED headlight and no upgrade in the front fork. For me, neither of these are deal-breakers but it would be great to have the information clear for all potential buyers!

i could understand about the LED headlight, as i made mention previously about this. Maybe it would be some safety regulation along the lines of the turn signals have to be a set distance away from the headlight. Is why we have the eyepod signals
where some bikes in the EU have them integrated. Are there any vehicles in Canada that have LED headlights? I would not understand why they would not have the Showa forks. Bikes can upgrade the suspension when ever they want (Ohlins for example)
So i would be kind of pissed if they do not have the Showa forks. Thanks for checking Chillrider. Look forward to reading what you find out. (was your salesrep Derrick?)

OK, this is from Richard Craven at Holeshot in Langley (great guy to work with btw):

"Here is the low down from Product Planning at Honda Canada.

Dual bending forks are exclusive to Europe. American forks are Showa. Canadian models are the same. We will get a better picture when the bike arrives…we can physically look at the forks.

Europe also gets led lights front and back.American/Canadian models get a standard headlight..led tail light."

There we go!
Doug

cool. Wonder what the reason for not putting the new Showa forks on every 750X? Some kind of red tape hoops they have to jump thru to get them certified? probably i would guess.

I think it's monetary reasoning, crystal ball guesswork, and sheer quirkiness of whomever is the Honda Canada importer in charge dood. They won't add features or bring models in they don't think will sell well enough to generate the cost/profit ratio they want. They will bring in such bizarre things like the DN-01 or the Vultus, at insanely eye watering prices that *no one* wants, but not a DCT NCX for all these years? It beggars belief.

Now we've got a truly bastardized model of NCX, that is different than the rest of the world *and* the 'States? [mega rolls eyes] Dumb, dumb, dumb.

I think it's monetary reasoning, crystal ball guesswork, and sheer quirkiness of whomever is the Honda Canada importer in charge dood.

Now we've got a truly bastardized model of NCX, that is different than the rest of the world *and* the 'States? [mega rolls eyes] Dumb, dumb, dumb.

True, but this probably explains it from Honda's perspective:

NC 700x DCT base $US $8099
NC 750x DCT base $US $7499 ($9999 Canadian @ .75 exchange rate--today's rate)

I think Honda has the pricing right in Canada if they want to sell a lot of them. If they 'upgraded' the Canadian to Euro standards the price would be higher by (guess) $1000 which would then look expensive vs some of the other bikes that folks might look at in comparison. The new 650 Vstrom xt base for example is $8499 last time I checked.

Back