• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Speedometer Accuracy

lamlamz

Reaction score
Visit site
Just wondering if you guys notice the speed indicator seems to be off by 4 kmh.
I noticed this difference when I use Garmin GPS. When I get to travel in constant speed on the highway, GPS shows 4 kmh less.

To confirm this I use the same GPS in the car and both the car and GPS are showing the same speed.

Does any of you have this issue?:confused:

This is my first bike that is dead on accurate. Compared the speedometer with my Garmin. Both read the same.

WGW

Based on earlier feedback on this forum, USA models' speedometers have been reported to be amazingly accurate, but models outside the USA may be seeing 5% (or more) optimism built into the speedo. I don't know why, but it appears to be designed that way.

Greg

Based on earlier feedback on this forum, USA models' speedometers have been reported to be amazingly accurate, but models outside the USA may be seeing 5% (or more) optimism built into the speedo. I don't know why, but it appears to be designed that way.

Greg

100% completely agree. My Speedometer is dead accurate compared to a Garmin navigation GPS unit

You're right, European speedometers are about 5% optimistics. Maybe the reason is that if you get a speed receipt and you can demostrate the speedo is bad (low) you can claim to the manufacturer

My speed display is almost dead on. The difference is less than 1 mph until faster than about 70 when the percentage of error allows over 1 mph difference between my GPS and the speed display. The odometer is about 3% off now with the original rear tire almost worn out. Out of the box it was +/- 2% optimistic. I correct the odometer against the GPS for checking gas mileage.

You're right, European speedometers are about 5% optimistics. Maybe the reason is that if you get a speed receipt and you can demostrate the speedo is bad (low) you can claim to the manufacturer

Not really at least in my case, my reading is higher in the bike than in the GPS.... Maybe the manufacturer wanted to save lives...

Has anyone tried switching between the mph and kph modes on the instrument cluster and seeing if the variance is programmed into the readout? Just wondering if the difference in accuracy is a regional thing or if Honda is using a slightly different formula to convert the sensor input into the speed readout for miles vs kilometers.

Bob

The most accurate of ANY bike I have owned across the entire range of speeds that I travel. My Victory Cross Country is one of the worst, since I ride both every week I have to remember how optimistic the Victory (analog BTW) speedo is.

Not really at least in my case, my reading is higher in the bike than in the GPS.... Maybe the manufacturer wanted to save lives...

This is what I was talking about, the speedo shows higher speed than real. I'm sorry if I didn't explained it well

Back