• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Which Name?

drdubb

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I've been thinking about getting a vanity plate for my NC and I've narrowed the choices.

Nayati - In several native american languages this means "He who wrestles". I was a wrestling coach for most of my career.

Waya(also Wahya) - Cherokee for Wolf. I like this imagery for the NC. I wish the word for red was short because red wolf would be a done deal.

I also went to NC state university and we are the Wolfpack.

Love your opinions.

Practically one knows what Nayata means unless you explain it. That could get old...if they even ask.

Have you considered "Waya Rouge" - Red Wolf.

The Indians named the home of Jean Lafitte (The Pirate) "Maison Rouge" or Red House

Last edited:
The word Maison Rouge is French for Red House. I have a plate on the front of my Dually "El Borrego" and don't have to explain it to any Hispanics but do to all others. Means "The Ram". How about "Howln". But it's your bike, keep saying the names until you just fill comfortable with what you choose. Have a backup because NC may want an explanation before approval.

Waya or Wahya is still my favorite, but its close. I think I only get 7 letters.

There is a great road coming out of Franklin, NC into the Nantahala Gorge....Wahya road....nice twisties.

I recall a Wayah Bald on the Appalachian Trial in the Nantahala National Forrest. Is that the same derivation?

Back