• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Why seperate forum-sections for NC700 and NC750 ?

DC-Honda

Reaction score
Visit site
Since both are up to 95% the same. Both are the Honda NC. If we would go the current route, we should also have a new section for the 2016 model, since there are even more changes.

NC700 -> NC750 differences:
Slightly different engine, which doesn't affect anything though unless you want to start tuning it.
Slightly different brakes, since the NC700 lost its CBS.
Slightly different clutch- and brake-levers, which are still exchangable.

NC750'15 -> NC750'16 differences are much more:
LED-light
different suspension
additional DCT-modes
very different body-work (although maybe only plastics)

So 99% of the threads for the 700 are also true for the 750. So - see title - why have two seperate sections?

I'm always in a pickle: Where to open a new thread? The NC750 would be the right one for me, but is much less frequented. But it doesn't matter if i ask in the 700 section, since the technical aspects are the same.

My suggestion would be to merge both sections and, if it is neccessary, use tags if it really concerns only the 700 and not the 750. And probaly a specific tag for the upcoming 2016-version.

I previously belonged to a nighthawk forum. The various iterations were lumped into one. 250, 450, 550, 650, 700, 750. It was important to state which one in your technical help posts.

If "admin" does not see this thread and respond, you can send a private message to him.

I'm a moderator, but I have no control over the forum layout.

I'm voting for joining 750 and 700 forums too - no big difference at all. Same for NC700D and NC750D Integras.
And I always read 700 forum, coz there is no contributions in 750.

It seems to me that having a separate section for technical questions for 750s makes sense as a place to ask questions relevant to the difference between the 700 and 750.

I would think of the 700 section as a kind of a catchall where all general questions and discussions take place about both 700s and 750s, but if there is a 750 specific area those users can get 750 specific answers.

It seems to me that having a separate section for technical questions for 750s makes sense as a place to ask questions relevant to the difference between the 700 and 750.

I would think of the 700 section as a kind of a catchall where all general questions and discussions take place about both 700s and 750s, but if there is a 750 specific area those users can get 750 specific answers.

Normally i would agree, but in the case of the Honda NC there is very little difference between the 700 and 750 version. There are more differences between the year of production. And i just read the titles in the 750-section and i didn't see a single discussion that couldn't be also applied to the 700.

Even if there were some discussion about some specific 750/700 stuff, most would know that it would be for the 750/700. But at the moment, there are none.

I was also on a different bike-forum, for a Suzuki Bandit. And there was one section for ALL the Bandits. For the 600, 650, 1200, 1250 and every year of production. And it worked well - with tags ofc.

I suggest to merge the sections, use tags and maybe sticky short thread on the top listing the few differences between the models.

The existing setup is not causing any problems as far as I know. My vote is to leave well enough alone.

My vote would be leave as is: one reason for not much activity in the 750 section-most users on this forum are in the USA, and we don't have the nc750 in USA and no option to purchase one.

My vote would be leave as is: one reason for not much activity in the 750 section-most users on this forum are in the USA, and we don't have the nc750 in USA and no option to purchase one.

But that's just it: There is no need at all for a 750 section. Everything there is for farkling, is excactly the same as for the 700. Even the technical stuff is 98% the same. I could go out use a wiring diagram of a 700 for my 750. I can buy an exhaust and it doesn't matter wether i have the 700 or the 750.

It is literally the same difference as you can buy the same car but different equipment lines. Leather or standard? Xenon vs LED-lights? ... you wouldn't have a forum dividing by that.

When we originally voted to see whether or not it should be all in one or separated, the existing member majority chose to diverge. I think maybe in the end, there wasn't as much of a change from the 700 to the 750 as anticipated, as far as the nitty gritty mechanics of things go.

As the vast majority of folks that post here are from the USA, and those poor sods never received the updated 750X, the S, or the Integra (and now apparently are not going to get the newly revamped 2016+ 750X in the foreseeable future) you can understand a bit of apathy regarding a desperate need to change anything.

On the other hand, since eventually more and more people everywhere else in the world will be riding the 750's, it would be a shame to miss out on all the new stuff due to lack of input, down in a dusty section not many here think to go to at the present time...

Hmmm. :confused:

Just saw this thread now.

Well, I'm a 750 owner, and I've always posted and replied in the 700 forums, since - as someone said before - there's not much posted in the 750 section...

On the other hand, that makes the 700 sections 700+750 factually, so the renaming would be nice and would probably not impact anyone...

but then the nc700-forum.com domain should also become nc7-forum.com or nc-forum.com (although a smarta** already took that one...) or honda-nc-forum.com or whatever :)

I am a former NC700X owner, now ATwin owner.
I still post here because the community and the quality of posts
are far superior than over at africatwinforum where everyone
with limited patience has likewise deserted it.

I say, let the thread count determine the fate of forum and sub-forums.

The problem is that the site was designed when the 700 was the only model... now, there are lots of 750 riders.

I think:
- The technical and modifications forums should be combined into NC7**... most topics apply to both and when it is specific it can be tagged or noted. Any arguements that they are too different should be arguing for separate model year forums as that changes stuff jsut as much if not more.
- The General Discussion, News, videos and everything else below "mods" in the 700 area should be moved to a general, all inclusive area.
- The labels for the market place should just say NC, not 700.
- Any sub forum with < 25 posts or no posts for > 1 year should be deleted (and merged into the closest applicable other forum) for cleanliness... there are far too many.

I have ridden both. Imho there is enough difference between them to have separate fora. If I go back to an NC (which is possible), then I would favour the 700 motor because I rode them back to back. There is a similar debate on my Triumph Forum. There, there are a first generation and second generation Explorers. The changes are more significant but the motor is still 1200cc.

Back