• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Recommendations for heated gloves

208rider

Reaction score
designbyparrish.com
I would like some recommendations for heated gloves. I'm inclined to go with battery-operated to avoid additional wiring and the general annoyance of having to be 'plugged in' to the bike, but I can be talked out of that decision. What do you use, what do you avoid, and why? Thanks.

I used the old Gerbings T5 gloves and liked the until one quit working. Since another company took over the lifetime warranty was non existent. So I emailed Warm n Safe and asked what their warmest glove was and was told the classic rider was it.
These are ok until the temperature drops below 40* for me. These don't have heat on the palms or bottom of the glove and will need heated grips added or your hands will freeze when you grab the handlebars.

I now use Powerlet glove liners with the T5's, Classic Rider or extreme cold weather gloves. I like the liners best because when they quit,I'm only out 50 bucks instead of 200 bucks.

I agree with turbodieseli4i6 when it comes to the Warm and Safe gloves. Below 40 degrees, you will need help with a backup. I have used the Warm and Safe for over 3 years and have had no problems.

I've been happy with my Gerbings G3s. I use them when the temp is under 40 degrees or so. Even in Florida they are useful extend riding throughout the winter and of course when I take early or late season rides to the mountains.

I tend to ride at least half or often a full day and think I would not be happy with battery powered gloves. It would not be good to lose power and have no way to charge them unless they can be charged underway.

Thanks for the input. So far Warm & Safe and Gerbing seem to be the most popular choices. I don't have heated grips, so I really feel it when the temperature drops.

Don't overlook Gordon's heated clothing or powerlet. I'm sure there are others that are also good.
If you plan on Warm & Safe, don't forget the added cost of heated grips. You will need them if you ride in cold temps.

I have used a set of Mobile Warming - LTD Max Gloves for my third winter season. They work well down to 30F. I use them for a 30 minute ride to and from work and I always run them on High. I end up charging them after three days of use. They are pretty thick so that took some getting used too and I think they may be sized a little small. I bought a size large and probably should have purchased a size XL.

Mobile Warming LTD Max Glove - Motorcycle Superstore

It's amazing how well your hands will be protected from the cold with some type of hand guard. I bought the normal BarkBusters shell ($40-$45) but made my own brackets since I didn't plan to run into any trees!

Edit to add that the Gerbings G3 glove is a medium weight glove and still relatively supple and tactile for touching and manipulating controls and electronics. If you later add heated grisp it's as good as it gets for long winter rides [for me]. Great heat and the glove is not cumbersome to use. I have thick winter gloves I never use anymore but I do pack a pair of them on a long ride. I've had the electric controller fail before and unheated medium weight gloves and jackets don't work so well when it's a long way to the house.

I'm sure other brands of gloves offer similar gloves.

Back