• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

First NC700X Canyon Run

jdsykes

Reaction score
Visit site
Headed to the mountains for the first time on the NC700X yesterday. Had a great time and was definitely pleased with the performance of the bike. Let me know what you think.
[video=youtube;y4F2ac--9uQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4F2ac--9uQ[/video]

I have to keep my GoPro videos away from my wife. She complains about my excessive speed. I think the videos make it look faster than it is.

Last edited:
My wife hasn't seen this and she probably won't. Being that I haven't been on a road motorcycle in quite a few years I took it fairly easy. I will admit that I like to go fast just as much as the next guy but I do not feel like picking myself up off the pavement anytime soon. Definitely a fun time though. Watching the vid it does look like I'm going faster than I actually was. Who knows? Perception is reality in the land of wifedom.

Love the video and was remembering why I loved San Diego so much when a file extention problem shut down my computer, don't know what was up with that but Norton fixed it, watched the rest of the video and Yea I miss the roads there.

Hello and thanks for sharing,
The rain let up here for a bit of riding. Temperature in the low 50's. I should snow bird to the southwest.

Art

where did you mount the camera? Is it GoPro? nice vid.

The camera is mounted on the left side of the handlebar on the first open space inboard of the clutch lever mount using a Contour handlebar mount. It's a Contour HD 1080p. I'm happy with the camera on the moto/road bike but it didn't work out for mountain biking due to excessive vibration. I was thinking about getting the new GoPro, but not sure I can justify spending the money when I don't really "need" a new one.

No kidding, I am worried about squaring off my tires, as the closest thing we have for canyons and mountains around here is the pitch of the road for rain runoff. Maybe they make tires for us flat landers?

Can't believe you rode all that way in so. Cal and only met 2 cars and 2 bicycles! Looks like a nice place to ride. Enjoyed the video.

Very nice. Love bopping along on those kind of back roads.

Know a guy that moved from San Diego to Portland a few years ago.
Lost 7 months of his riding season quick as that.
Don't get me wrong, the PNW has great roads
but you better invest in the best rain gear you can find.

Nice video. Thanks for making my day :) It's hard to tell the average speed... What would you say it was?

Enjoyed the music and video, without any fast forwarding...although sometime I got dizzy due to the turns
BTW, which camera and stand did you use? Thanks in advance.

Hell! What time of day was that? 14+ minutes without meeting another vehicle. You could not travel 14 seconds in the UK without seeing another car etc. In fact, in 14 minutes we would have probably had two near misses and had to avoid a few slicks of diesel. I have got to move to San Diego.

Back