• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Anyone have Tour Master Solution 2.0 boots?

670cc

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Mods
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm shopping for some motorcycle boots. The main criteria is they must be available in wide width, and they must be waterproof, and I'd like them to be under $150. The need for wide width narrows the field considerably. And although most every boot claims to be waterproof, most have reviews that report soaked feet.

So the Tour Master Solution 2.0 boots might meet the requirements, but I was looking for feedback on the waterproof claim.

Or else, if you can recommend any other boots that meet my criteria, that'd be awesome.

Last edited:
I have been using these since June.

Alpinestars Roam 2 WP Boots - RevZilla

Never had an issue with water getting in and have used them in serious rain and wind. They are a little warm in the summer. I have never found them too cold so far. I don't use anything more than a traditional sock inside. The sole is a litter softer than some so if you are walking in the boots that might be helpful. I don't know about the wide size as I found their European sizing a little odd. They are a touch over your desired price range but might be right in there if they go on sale.

Good luck with the search.

Last edited:
I own a pair of Oxtar, now known as TCX, Matrix boots that I bought about ten years ago, they have never leaked. I keep good care of them by polishing them every other week or so. I bought them on closeout from MotorcyleGear.com when they were know as New Enough. I think they were my first MC gear purchase. They were my only boots until just recently when my son Seamus bought me a pair of Cyclegear's Sedici Maximo waterproof boots for Father's Day. I had the Maximo's on during a six hour ride in nearly blinding rain last summer, they didn't leak at all. The Sedici boots are not as well made as the TCX boots with nowhere near as much real leather but I went for them because of the lugged soles on the boots, the Matrix boots have fairly smooth soles and tend to slip when I put my foot down in gravel.

PS
I ran across this site when I was looking for the Cyclegear page:

Cycle Gear Direct Coupons: Top Deal 75% Off | Goodshop

I have no idea if the coupons listed are for real.

Last edited:
I'm shopping for some motorcycle boots. The main criteria is they must be available in wide width, and they must be waterproof, and I'd like them to be under $150. The need for wide width narrows the field considerably. And although most every boot claims to be waterproof, most have reviews that report soaked feet.

So the Tour Master Solution 2.0 boots might meet the requirements, but I was looking for feedback on the waterproof claim.

Or else, if you can recommend any other boots that meet my criteria, that'd be awesome.
I'm in with mixed reviews. The first gen Solutions were a great boot and I could get about three years out of a pair before they started leaking or the non-slip was worn away on the sole and that was 40 or 50,000 miles. I bought a pair of 2.0s a year ago and was let down by the outward changes in the boot to cut cost - the materials did not look as good and the velcro closure areas were smaller. This pair leaked recently after 16 months of use. I think I'll change brands but don't want to spend a whole lot more $$ so I'm watching replies.

Obviously fit is important, but next is the waterproof qualities. Countless reviews of "waterproof" boots have negative comments about water intrusion. I'm on a quest to find some that truly are leak free.

Never had an issue with water getting in and have used them in serious rain and wind. They are a little warm in the summer. I have never found them too cold so far. I don't use anything more than a traditional sock inside. The sole is a litter softer than some so if you are walking in the boots that might be helpful. I don't know about the wide size as I found their European sizing a little odd. They are a touch over your desired price range but might be right in there if they go on sale.

Thanks. The Roams have been reported to be water tight in other reviews.

I don't buy 'motorcycle boots'. I wear boots most of the time (weak ankles which have a tendency to roll when I don't have anything not high-top). These are the ones I wear most of the time and they make great boots to wear on the motorcycle. The bottom outsoles are great, grooved, non-slip, and they are definitely waterproof-I have ridden with them in downpours and not a drop of water in them, and they wick sweat away from the foot if it is hot outside.
RedHead Ironhorse Side-Zip Wellington Waterproof Work Boots for Men | Bass Pro Shops: The Best Hunting, Fishing, Camping & Outdoor Gear

Great boot for the money... I even wear them at work (university in the IT department). Comfortable also. The pair I have are now 2 years old, I have worn them everyday for 2 years, not a bit of wear showing. I highly recommend them. Also I have worn them while hunting in the rain, no water in them.

These are CE rated but do they have armor on each side of the ankle?

These are CE rated but do they have armor on each side of the ankle?

No hard armor, maybe a tiny bit of padding form the ankle up. Photo showing the rain gaiter behind the flap. Let me know if you want other photos. Condition with about 8500km of use. Never done more than put them on. DSCN0352.jpg

I have the Solution 2 and like them a lot. They did start leaking in prolonged rain after a while and now I periodically spray them with waterproofing to keep my feet dry. Very comfortable for me, but I have a narrow foot.

I got the Solution 2 Air boots in a wide about 8 months ago. One leaked a little on that rainy lunch ride you, Fuzzy, Beemerphile, and I took at the HU event a couple of months ago. But it was just a little bit on the left toe and that's been the only time.

There is not a lot of protection in them but the wide is wide enough for my EE feet and I can wear them into the office when I work half days.

I might have a potential winner here: TCX Air Tech Gore-Tex Boot. I'm wearing these around the house and I sat on a few bikes in the shed, and the fit is good - plenty of wiggle room for my wider feet. I wear a 10W and the 44's I ordered fit very well. These CE certified boots are billed as summer boots with good air flow, but at the same time are waterproof. Not one review I've yet read has reported water leakage in the rain. Gore-Tex seems to be the ticket.

The only beef I might have is the material bunches up a bit at the front of the ankle when I walk, but maybe that will soften up as they already have somewhat.

These are on sale now at Revzilla. I placed the order with the standard free shipping option. Only 29 hours after I placed the on-line order, the boots were on my front porch. That's right, 29 hours. UPS must have ramped up staffing big time for the holidays.

Has anyone else here worn these and can you give feedback, good or bad?

I still have some Alpinestar Roam 2s and some Tour Master Solution 2s on the way for evaluation, but at least I already found something that might work for warmer riding weather.

Last edited:
Closing the loop on my search, I ended up trying: Alpinestars Roam 2, TCX Air Tech Gore-tex, and Tour Master Solution 2 Wide.

Alpinestars Roam 2: (Thanks for the suggestion, potter0o). Very comfy boot. A little concerned that all that holds it on is Velcro, but no reviews indicated that to be a problem. Three Velcro fasteners means the boot is more adjustable than one with a zipper. No zipper mean no zipper problems. Soles have a pronounced heel step that's nice for "hanging" the boot on a footpeg. Nice cushion foam at the shin area. Reviews overwhelmingly declare them waterproof. A nice reflector on the heel that lights up brightly. Fit is on the wide side, so good for me. Got them a bit on the larger side so I can wear thicker socks. CE certified. I'm keeping these as a cool season boot.

5957e92d-3e1a-4ab2-82c6-a06bf1b7ed81.jpg

TCX Air Tech Gore-tex: A little bit cheaper than the Roams, since they were on sale, but normally priced outside my desired range. Boots are a little bit stiffer when you bend your ankle, but seem to be softening up. Good quality material throughout. Reviews declare them to be actually waterproof, possibly thanks to Gore-tex. Zipper plus super-heavy-duty Velcro means these boot stay put, yet they are fairly easy to put on. Reportly an airy, warm weather boot. Fit is on the wide side, so good for me. The TCX ran a bit larger than the Roams, so I got one European size smaller. CE certified. I'm keeping these for warm season riding.

2013-TCX-Airtech-Gore-Tex-Boots-Black-635331646790409731.jpg

Tour Master Solution 2 Wide: Zipper plus Velcro is good, but there is no adjustability to the fit around the calf. The opening at the top is very large, which would be good if your calf was big, but looks like it will cause trouble fitting your pants over the upper boot. Liner material in the shin area is OK, but not especially soft. Pull on loop on the back is a nice feature not present on the other two boots. Fit is good in the foot area. "Reflector" on the back of the heel doesn't reflect light at all (not really important, but indicates the general lower quality of the boot materials). Lowest cost boot of the bunch. Mixed reviews about water tightness. Would be OK if on a tight budget, but compared to the others, not as nice of a boot. These are being returned.

tour-master-solution-20-wp-motorcycle-boots.jpg

So I'm set for the street. But to round out the closet, I'm looking at adventure/trail riding boots for pure dirt bike riding. I don't want a stiff motocross boot, rather something I could actually walk in and wear all day. So far I'm interested in the TCX Track EVO WP Boots. These are pricier than my other purchases, so I'm taking time to consider options. Does anyone have experience with these?

51KyXPrho3L._SY355_.jpg

Last edited:
I left out one little detail about the Oxtar (TCX) Matrix boots I have: I crashed a bike while wearing a pair. I went off of the right side of the road with the bike falling to the left and pinching my booted left foot between the engine case and the foot peg. I wound up with a very sore left ankle with a bone chip floating around at the top of my foot. I think the ankle armor built into the boot saved me from a broken ankle. I still wear the same pair.

Back