• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

1000 mile mark, 70 + MPG

soggybottom

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
These bikes can be so predictable, I just passed the 1000 mile mark yesterday, filled up today and for the 1st time I got over 70mpg as others said I would. Been getting around 66 mpg, last fill was up to 68+ and then 70+ today, didn't ride any differant, its a DCT, tall Cal Sci window up front, 55 liter top box, mostly 65+- mph and I weigh 240...alright 260. 1st service @ 596 miles, went with OEM 10/30 full syn. YEEEEE-HAAAA

700+ miles here, and getting 65 mpg each fill-up. May take a while to get to 10000 miles as the wet and cold are closing in, and I find myself taking only short rides.
Sure does run good. YEEEEE-HAAAA

Good work, Soggy. I just filled up for the first time. 3 of the days that I commuted was rainy and windy. I figure if I can get 65 bad weather, I have no doubt I can get 70+ in decent weather. :)

Since I just got the givi v46 top & v35 side bags installed last night, I am going to start commuting Friday!!! looking forward to putting some miles on her, only 170 so far....

i think i got 70 mpg right off the bat with mine, maybe it was 69, can't say for sure, but i told my dad about it (he was a honda dealer back in the 70's and 80's) and he said yeah, once you get about 1500 miles on it, the engine should loosen up and you'll get good gas mileage. (he meant better) i'm at around 1750 now and it has been pretty consistent with a dip or two from riding hard.

Since I just got the givi v46 top & v35 side bags installed last night, I am going to start commuting Friday!!! looking forward to putting some miles on her, only 170 so far....

Hey V-Fore, Could you pls post a pic (or more..) of the bike with the Givi cases ? I purchased the V46 Tech and V35 Tech kit but they are still in my basement. The mounting hardware (FZ and PLX) are backordered in Canada and since I paid everything when I got the bike, I will have to wait for them.

I am really curious to see what this little bike looks like this Givi combo.

Hey V-Fore, Could you pls post a pic (or more..) of the bike with the Givi cases ? I purchased the V46 Tech and V35 Tech kit but they are still in my basement. The mounting hardware (FZ and PLX) are backordered in Canada and since I paid everything when I got the bike, I will have to wait for them.

I am really curious to see what this little bike looks like this Givi combo.

I'm pretty sure member Beemer and maybe a few others have posted pics with that bag combo. They do look like they were made for th NC.

I just passed the 1000 mile mark yesterday, filled up today and for the 1st time I got over 70mpg as others said I would. ...didn't ride any differant, its a DCT, tall Cal Sci window up front, 55 liter top box, mostly 65+- mph and I weigh 240...alright 260.
Hi soggybottom. Since you ride a DCT, what percentage of the time do you ride in D, S and Manual modes? Also, would you say you're typically easy, medium or hard on the gas?

Hi soggybottom. Since you ride a DCT, what percentage of the time do you ride in D, S and Manual modes? Also, would you say you're typically easy, medium or hard on the gas?

I live in a desert ranch type community, Grocery stores and Wallmart type stores are 18 miles away, to one area I perfer to shop at the 1st redlight is 18 miles, nice ride through lush desert rolling hills, not very curvey but not boring. Over the last 40 yrs I have owned just about every type m/c made, some of my favorites are BMW rt, gt, Goldwings, ZRX. If I'm on a fast bike I find myself testing the power at every opportunity. On a Goldwing I ride it like I drive my P/U. I ride the NC like my P/U, 5-10 miles over the posted limit which is normal here. I occationaly blast off at a stop sign or power up into a sweeper, in these cases I might shift to manual or S but 98% of the time I'm in D and I'm easy on the twist. I like having the manual mode but enjoy the auto mode much more, I use the manual downshift alot, you can do that in D mostly while slowing for a curve, stop sign or passing. I don't think it is possible to shift more effeciently than the S mode unless maybe you're sport riding through twisties in manual.

I think I anwsered that like a politician, A paragraph of BS with a one sentence anwser.

ask and you shall receive....

2012-11-02 19.40.41.jpg

I really like this setup, as well as having ample storage, it fills out the bike a little and gives my Co pilot something to lean on.

Back