• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2015 International Motorcycle Show at Long Beach, CA

Brillot2000

Reaction score
Visit site
I attended the 2015 International Motorcycle Show at Long Beach, CA on 11/21/15. Honda had the 2016 NC700X, 2016 CFR1000L African Twin and 2016 VFR1200X on display.

Here's a link to the pictures that I took while I was at the show, 2015 International Motorcycle Show - Brillot2000

I was able to Test Ride the Following Bikes:

1. 2015 Honda CTX1300 - This bike was the best one that I rode. It using the engine from the ST1300 and sounds just like one it is idling. I found the footpegs to be in an awkward position and really long back-swept handlebars. This bike had a sound system on it. I was able to hear the music while riding the bike. It was a little light in the torque from a stop to get it rolling. Overall I'd score this bike a 7 out of a 10.

2. 2015 Indian Scout 60cu. in. - This was the most terrible bike that I got to ride out of this group. The footpegs were too far out and slightly higher than any other cruiser. The long back-swept were less than desired. I found that I was having lower back pain while on and riding this motorcycles, which was a signal to me that ergonomics were absolutely were terrible on this bike. I also found the bike not to be very powerful and required the engine to be in the higher revolutions to get the power you would expect. I would rate this bike a 3 out of 10.

3. 2015 Victory Impulse TT - I rode this bike before when it was made by Brammo. I did find this bike to be any better after Victory taking it over. The seating style was more of a "Cramped Sport Bike" than anything else, not very comfortable on the legs. I found the suspension to be too stiff and harsh. We were instructed to leave the bike in 3rd gear while on the Demo Ride. I found the bike not to have the instantaneous torque that electric motorcycles are known for without shifting into the appropriate gear to achieve that torque that was boasted. The bike at low speeds was "Jerky and Clunky" when accelerated and decelerated. The battery consumption was far more disappointing than what to expect. The bike I rode started with 41% of a charge and was down to 28% of a charge after a 20-25 minute ride between 12-15 miles. My Zero SR is a far better motorcycle when compared to this one. I would rate this bike a 4 out of 10.

I really liked your picks. I had know idea what the shift control motor was on the Africa Twin until I saw your pictures. Guess they had no Africa Twin to ride. Good to see Honda letting folks ride their bikes again.

I really liked your picks. I had know idea what the shift control motor was on the Africa Twin until I saw your pictures. Guess they had no Africa Twin to ride. Good to see Honda letting folks ride their bikes again.

Thanks!!! I am glad that I was able to enlighten you... :eek:

I have not seen Honda do Demo Rides in my area expect for at this show.

Last edited:
Back