• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2016 Honda NC750X

Whiteknuckle

Reaction score
Visit site
yay. The Honda Canada site has the 2016 NC750x up on their site. Was looking over the specs of the bike. I love the
new styling, especially the new muffler. But what caught my eye was the fact that finally the DCT bikes will be available
in Canada. I had a 2014 NC750S that i liked but love that i do not have to shift in traffic so is why i have a Yamaha Majesty.
If my 2014 "S" had DCT available i would probably still have it.

Was thinking about getting a Yamaha Tmax in the spring but now that Honda has DCT available this will probably be my next
bike.

Was thinking about getting a Yamaha Tmax in the spring but now that Honda has DCT available this will probably be my next
bike.

I had a TMax for about a year. It is a fantastic machine. However, I could not become comfortable with the feet-forward riding posture. On long trips, my lower back was in extreme pain. So I sold it for the NC. Also with the TMax, access for valve adjustment is very difficult and there are the routine belt changes. But my goodness, what a great ride it was.

I remember trying all of the larger scooters when I was in the market for one. I had the same issue with my lower back. Then I tried the Silverwing (FJS600). It had a lower back support which was suitably firm and placed, to fully support my lower back where I needed it. I had a long relationship with it over 55000 miles. A Friend owns it now and is equally happy with it.

as much as i liked the Tmax, most seemed to really love the bike. The few things about the bike i did not like. The large price for the bike was hard to take.
Can get a pretty nice motorcycle for same money. Valve checks are a pain and expensive but good that they do not have to be done often. One thing that bugged me
was the smart key. If something happens to that key you cannot start the bike. Well you can but the procedure is lol ridiculous.

i am really happy to see the NC with the DCT. I do miss the NC750S i had and at times regret selling it. It was just about the most perfect bike for my use. So looking forward to
the spring. I think i may put a deposit down early on one of the 2016 DCT so i can get the first one. some of the items that caught my eye on the NC750X, from the website.

(re: instrument panel)
"You can even set the background colour to change as engine rpm rises and falls, as you shift gears, or to indicate your selected DCT transmission mode"

"a redesigned front cowl with a new LED headlight, LED taillight, and a 70 mm taller windscreen with venting to reduce pressure and turbulence."

also "New Showa Dual Bending Valve fork performs much like a high-end cartridge fork, providing similar smooth action and linear damping force, but at a lighter weight. The result is superior road holding and ride comfort, plus reduced front-end dive under braking"

also the restyled muffler. looks so much better than the huge silver bazooka. Like the shortened tail and the redesigned passenger grab rails. They are no longer opened ended. Used to like to lock my helmet (with a cable lock) to the grab rail (on other bikes) so glad to see i can again.

trying to find but it doesn't appear that Honda has changed the appearance of the 'S' model only the 'X'.
not to sure whether to trade my 'X' for the 'S' or not next year when the new model comes out.

trying to find but it doesn't appear that Honda has changed the appearance of the 'S' model only the 'X'.
not to sure whether to trade my 'X' for the 'S' or not next year when the new model comes out.

Do not be surprised that Honda drops the NC700S model all together here soon. We do not have that model or the Intregra in the US. I would mind seeing the NM4 going extinct here soon.

The "X" appears to be the hot ticket that everyone is heading towards these days.

I see that the 2016 model has a 3 user modes in "S", Just what i need.
Maybe the 2014 DCT can be upgraded with the 2016 DCT shift computer.

I won't hold my breath or count on it. Honda has a long history of coming up with new technologies. I would bold enough to say that nearly none of them are backwards compatible with the previous models or generations. Their engineers are not looking in the rear mirror sort of speak.

What you got is what was they had available at the time, when the bike was new.

Hoped they would have increased the fuel tank to a minimum of an even 4 gallons and managed some more mpg out of the engine.

I would like to see more changes to be honest but I like the styling:

NC700X

The versatile 670cc parallel-twin NC700X gets exciting new styling changes for 2016 including more aggressive bodywork, a 70mm higher touring windscreen and a new lighter pentagon-shaped muffler with an improved exhaust note. Other functional changes include a larger luggage compartment (.25 gallons larger), three different levels of ‘S’ mode (sport mode) for the DCT (Dual Clutch Transmission) version and a utility rail to simplify fitting a tank bag. Also new are “L”-shaped air valves on the wheels that make air fill ups easier, a revised dash meter and a smoother-functioning “wave”-style ignition key.

NC750X

The 745cc parallel twin engine NC750X (European and Japanese markets only) gets the same updates as the NC700X but also receives a few additional improvements not available on the US model. Updates include enhanced styling from an LED headlight and an improved ride from a new Showa “dual-bending valve” front fork. The NC750X rear suspension also receives a preload adjuster for the new year.
Honda Unveils Updated NC700X and NC750X for 2016 - ADV Pulse

1093843_nc750x_2016_static_001.jpg

2016-Honda-NC750X-luggage-compartment-teaser.jpg

e102a1f0f20838c3adb13e24b9fdbdd6.jpg

1167d2b1415a091b3f65358456e9265a.jpg

Last edited:
I was the International Motorcycle Show at Long Beach on this past Saturday. At the Honda Section, they had the 2016 NC700X, VFR1200X CrossTour and African Twin. Due to the crowds it was very difficult to get any decent pictures of these bikes, I did the best that I could.

Here's the link to the album that I put together for the 2016 Honda NC700X, 2016 NC700X - Albuml.

I pictured many items that are of interest to many people out there mentioned in other threads and post out there, such a question regarding if the 2016 Muffler will fit the previous years. In my option, there's a high likelihood that it could. View the images that I took and make your own option regarding it.

Yes, it's a nice color. However I am sure that it will not be available on the US when these bikes come available here.

but isn't it the Yamaha color?

and here in motion clip, I'm tempted to exchange mine for a new...

[video=youtube;g1vYbag0DK8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1vYbag0DK8[/video]

and here in motion clip, I'm tempted to exchange mine for a new...
I'm pretty sure my 2012 will go down those same roads just like that new one in the video did. From the cockpit it wouldn't look any different.

I'm pretty sure my 2012 will go down those same roads just like that new one in the video did. From the cockpit it wouldn't look any different.

I am interested how much better suspensions is in new version, if noticeable at all.

I was the International Motorcycle Show at Long Beach on this past Saturday. At the Honda Section, they had the 2016 NC700X, VFR1200X CrossTour and African Twin. Due to the crowds it was very difficult to get any decent pictures of these bikes, I did the best that I could.

Here's the link to the album that I put together for the 2016 Honda NC700X, 2016 NC700X - Albuml.

I pictured many items that are of interest to many people out there mentioned in other threads and post out there, such a question regarding if the 2016 Muffler will fit the previous years. In my option, there's a high likelihood that it could. View the images that I took and make your own option regarding it.

Thanks for the pictures!

Back