• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

New lighted jacket/vest

A couple of months ago I was on my home to Vermont from New York City at night on the Merritt Parkway in Connecticut and spotted a rider on a bike going in the opposite direction. His helmet and jacket was lit up with what looked like neon tubing. The only thing I could find on the web about something like neon tubing was a Kickstarter or IndieGoGo fund raiser for an illuminated helmet. I only saw the rider for a second or two but they were very noticeable on the unlit parkway in heavy traffic.

Edit: Here it is

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1965630601/lightmode-electroluminescent-motorcycle-helmets

Edit #2

DIY: how to add EL wire to a coat or other garment

Last edited:
I applaud the innovation, but at some point everything gets illuminated and driver's suffer "information overload." In major cities, it's often hard to determine what color the traffic light is because they are pole mounted (rather than overhead wire), there are neon signs in the field of view, headlights, flashing barracades, etc. Not sure more LEDs will help with that.

The real solution is going to be "collision avoidance" systems on cars, trucks, etc. Let radar and automatic system response keep the knucklehead from turning left in front of you. Already showing up on higher end cars, and before long will be like ABS and installed on all vehicles.

Back